Flipgrid™ Empowers Educators to create grids of short discussion-style questions that students respond to through recorded videos. Flipgrid boosts community and social presence in face-to-face, hybrid, and online classrooms.
For more information, visit: http://flipgrid.com/info/
For more information on using Flipgrid in your classroom please review the Instructor User’s Guide here: Instructor User’s Guide
To use Flipgrid you will need the following.
- Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS, Google Chromebook or iOS (Requires Flipgrid App).
- Broadband Internet Connection: Minimum 256kbps connection to the Internet
- Web Browser: Internet Explorer 8 or higher, Firefox 3.6 or higher, Safari 6.1 or higher, Chrome 11 or higher. (For best experience we recommend Google Chrome)
- Any popup blocking software disabled for http://flipgrid.com
- Security: Firewall(s) configured to allow data transfer to and from http://flipgrid.com
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 800 with 16 bit color
- Adobe Flash Player Version 10.3 or higher (excludes iOS)
- A web camera and microphone
Why Can't I use Flipgrid On My ChromeBook?
In order to record a Flipgrid video on Chromebook you need to have your camera and microphone enabled. ChromeBooks require you to allow the camera and microphone prior to using them. On your first visit to the site, you will be prompted to allow the camera and microphone. Please click the Allow
button at the top of the browser as shown below:
If you do not see the prompt please follow the instructions here: Allow Camera and Microphone
to access additional Flipgrid FAQ's
Is my network going to need any additional configuration to run Flipgrid?
to download essential information for network configuration.