Click the link below to jump to that section in the FAQ:
How do I register and access my eBook?
Paradigm eBooks are entirely web based. When ordered (traditionally through Customer Service), customers will receive an email with an access code (unless their order comes with a CD, then it will come in the mail). They will then go online to enter the code to access the eBook. Please follow the steps below to create your eBook account:
- Your eBook is available for access on any computer.
- Access the Internet and navigate your browser to www.ebooks.emcp.com. (You may want to bookmark the www.ebooks.emcp.com website for future use).
- Click New Users, and then click Register Here.
- Create a new account by filling in your information, and then click Submit.
- Enter your ebook code, and then click Add Book.
- Click the eBook cover image to begin using your eBook.
- The next time you want to access your eBook, go to www.ebooks.emcp.com and enter the username and password you created in step #4.
How long will I be able to access my eBook?
Paradigm eBook duration is 180 days. When the 180 day usage expires, the school (or student) needs to purchase a new code and create a new account.
Will an eBook work for a student on multiple computers?
Are eBooks for Macs and PCs?
They are Flash based, and can be used on a Mac or PC.
Will eBooks work on a Blackberry or iPhone?
No, they will not work on the current Blackberry or iPhone at this time.
Can I download my eBook?
eBooks are entirely web-based and not available for download.
Can I print my eBook?
No, eBooks cannot be printed at this time.
My eBook has colored lines on it.
If you see colored lines appearing on your eBook pages when you zoom in, then you are experiencing a bug in the latest version of Adobe Flash Player. To fix this, you will need to uninstall Adobe Flash Player 11, and install Adobe Flash Player 10. We have directions written up here.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about these directions.
My eBook is appearing as a blank page?
If your eBook appears as though it is loading, then loads a blank grey or blue page, you are likely having an issue with flash. These directions will resolve this problem.